Providing Cost Effective Answers to Your Preparedness and Response Challenges
Cheetah Emergency Management Solutions is a verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that specializes in emergency management and disaster response. We help agencies and companies with exercise design, leadership development, and incident command system implementation. We work with your organization to improve disaster preparedness, planning, response, and training. Our goal is to strengthen your capabilities. Recent clients include the Canadian Coast Guard, Philippine Coast Guard, and TC Energy.
• Exercise Design. Exercises play an important role in preparing organizations to respond during emergencies. Exercises offer an opportunity to test and evaluate plans, policies, and procedures while identifying areas for improvement. A well-designed exercise provides an organization with the ability to test capabilities, reinforce training, familiarize personnel with emergency management roles and responsibilities, and evaluate performance with partner agencies.
• Mass Rescue Operations (MRO) planning and exercises. Supported the development of the two largest MRO exercises ever conducted in Canada and was a key facilitator for the first Black Swan exercise conducted by the U.S. Coast Guard. We can provide expertise to help design, facilitate, and evaluate MRO exercises world-wide.
• Program development. Expertise in developing national and agency-wide emergency management and continuity of operations programs. We can assist with the development, review, and evaluation of existing programs and coordinate improvements to meet your organizational needs.
• Emergency preparedness planning. Having an effective and well-written plan is critical for ensuring a successful response to any emergency. We can assist with developing an emergency response plan or providing consultation on how to improve existing plans.
• Incident Management Team training. We create customized Incident Management Training to meet your training needs. We work with your emergency management professionals to design a course that will reinforce Incident Command System principles and provide the opportunity to strengthen your Incident Management Team.
• Exercise and program evaluation. Conducting an exercise is only one part of the preparedness cycle. Evaluating how the exercise went and identifying areas of improvement is vital to strengthening future performance. We provide expertise in evaluation, preparing after-action reports, and assisting in the development of Improvement plans.
• Crisis leadership training. We provide customized leadership training including strategic and tactical team training that strengthens the ability of management to support emergency response operations. We can also provide on-scene coaching in the use of the incident command system.
• Meeting facilitation. We provide superior meeting facilitation for exercises, planning conferences, and other emergency management related activities.
CEMs WHAT WE DO:
CEMs WHO WE ARE:
Owner and Project Lead: Joseph J. Gleason
Joe Gleason formed Cheetah Emergency Management Solutions in 2016 after retiring from the U.S. Coast Guard as the Chief of the Office of Contingency Preparedness and Exercise Policy at Coast Guard Headquarters. During his career, Joe developed extensive expertise in emergency management and disaster response working on national responses to the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York City, Hurricanes Katrina, Ike, Gustav, and Superstorm Sandy, as well as the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. He helped to strengthen the Coast Guard Incident Management program through improvements to training, policy, and program guidance including revisions to the Coast Guard Incident Management Handbook. He also served as co-lead for the Coast Guard response to the 2014 Ebola outbreak, helping to address potential threats via the maritime sector and then sharing lessons learned and insights with the Centers for Disease Control.
Joe holds several emergency management certifications including:
• Certified Emergency Manager, IAEM
• Master Exercise Practitioner, FEMA
• ICS Type 1 Incident Commander, USCG
• ICS Type 1 Planning Section Chief, USCG
• ICS Type 1 Operations Section Chief, USCG
• ICS Type 1 Liaison Officer, USCG
• Continuity Professional, Level 1 (FEMA)